S. Ismayt Shah
Research in Dr. Shah's group centers on Nanomaterials for Energy, Environment and Water, including inorganic materials (CuInGSe 2 ) and organic materials (P3HT/PCBM) based solar cells, device modeling, materials for photocatalysis, etc.Other areas include: Large band gap oxides (TiO 2 ) nanoparticles: Band structure modification,Photocatlysis and Photoelectrocatalysis, Nanomagnetics: Ferrites, Haussler alloys, core shell geometries, Surface and interface analyses: XPS and UPS characterizations for studying interface interactions in electronic devices, Science, Ethics, Diversity and Policy.
- Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement, University of Illinois, 2013.
- Society of Vacuum Coaters, Mentor Award, 2012
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware, 2011.
- Fulbright Fellow: Baku State University, Azerbaijan, 2011.
- HEC, Pakistan, Visiting Faculty, COMSAT, Islamabad, Spring 2012.
- TUBITAK Visiting Scholar (Hacettepe University, Turkey), Summer 2012.
- Co-Organizer: NSF workshop on Ethics in Nanoscience, May 2011.
- Co-Chair and Co-Organizer Materials in Arts Symposium, University of Delaware, November 2010.
- Co-Chair and Co-Organizer, Conference on “Nanomaterials in the Environment University of Delaware, October 2009.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Engineering, University of Delaware, 2007.
- Member, National Committee for Education, Society of Vacuum Coaters, 1999 – 2002
- Chair, National Committee for Education, Society of Vacuum Coaters, 2002 – Present.
- Nanomaterials for Energy, Environment and Water, including inorganic materials
- (CuInGSe 2 ) and organic materials (P3HT/PCBM) based solar cells, device modeling,
- materials for photocatalysis, etc.
- Large band gap oxides (TiO 2 ) nanoparticles: Band structure modification.
- Photocatlysis and Photoelectrocatalysis.
- Nanomagnetics: Ferrites, Haussler alloys, core shell geometries.
- Surface and interface analyses: XPS and UPS characterizations for studying interface
- interactions in electronic devices.
- Science, Ethics, Diversity and Policy.
I have more than 216 peer reviewed publications. There are 10 additional papers that are currently under review. My h-index is 39. 10 recent publications.
- Surfaces and their effect on the magnetic properties of polycrystalline hollow y-Mn203 and MnO nanoparticles, Mohamed A. Bah G. Hassnain Jaffari F.A. Khan S. Ismat Shahhttp://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.02.145
- Enhanced performance of P3HT/(PCBM:ZnO:Ti02) blend based hybrid organic solar cells M.Ikram, R. Murray, M.Imran, S.Ali, S. lsmat Shah, Materials Research Bulletin 75 (2016) 35-40
DOI: http:J/dx.doi.org,/10.1016/j.matc:rresbull.20 15.11031
- Tailoring the surface properties of polypropylene, K.N. Pandiyraj, M.C. Ram Kumar, A. Arun Kumar, P.V.A. Padmanabhan, R.R. Deshmukh, M. Bah, S. Ismat Shah, Pi-G. Su, and A.S. Halim, Applied Surface Science (2016) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j/apsusc.2016.02.137.
- Reaction Time and Film Thickness Effects on Phase Formation and Optical Properties of Solution Processed Cu2ZnSnS4 Thin Films Amna Safdar, Mohammad Islam, Muhammad Aftab Akram, Mohammad Mujahid, Yasir Khalid & S. Ismat Shah 24, 12 (2016).
- Preparation and characterization of functionalized poly(vinyl chloride) membranes for selective separation of perchlorate from water, Po-Yen Wang, S.Ismat Shah, C.P.Huang, Journal of Membrane Science 476 (2015) 561-570 DOI: http://dx.dol.org/10.1016/j.memsd.2014.10.054
- Rapid thermal annealing induced formation of Ge nanoparticles in ZnO thin films: A detailed SAXS study, Abdullah Ceylan, Leyla Tatar Yildirim, Sadan Ozcan, S. Ismat Shah, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing 34 (2015) 8-13 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nwp.2015.02.013
- Predicting current from crosssection images of organic, photovoltaic devices, Roy Murray, Nopporn Rujisamphan, S. Ismat Shah Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 134 (2015) 231–235 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2014.11.044
- Magnesia tuned multi-walled carbon nanotubes–reinforced alumina nanocomposites, Iftikhar Ahmad, Mohammad Islam, Mushtaq Ahmad Dar, Fang Xu, Syed Ismat Shah, Yanqiu Zhud, Materials Characterization 99 (2015) 210–219 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.matchar.2014.12.002
- Evolution of the mechanism non-thermal plasma effects on the surface of polypropylene films for the enhancement of adhesive and hemocompatable properties, S. Ismat Shah et al. Appl. Surface Sci. (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.04.097
- Correlation between structure, oxygen content and the multiferroic properties of Sr doped BiFeO3, Shahzad Hussain, S.K. Hasanain, G. Hassnain Jaffari, Naveed Zafar Ali, M. Siddique. S. Ismat Shah, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 622 (2015) 8–16. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.10.029